One of the areas often overlooked by managers is enabling and empowering their team members on a one-on-one basis. This crucial undertaking can lead to higher employee retention, increased engagement, improved employee performance, and better overall results.
Build A Boss gives guidance to leaders to effectively work one-on-one with their employees by focusing on the following skills:
- Comfort and an understanding of the responsibility for setting and implementing goals for others; clarity of setting expectations, prioritizing activity, and delegating
- An understanding of the process and importance of evaluating performance in a manner that encourages and motivates
- Developing the ability to allow people to take initiative.
- Interviewing, using good processes and internal guidelines.
- Understanding of the strengths and gaps of each person.
- Offering consistent feedback effectively
- The ability to handling crucial conversations with confidence and clarity, asking critical questions that inspire and motivate, demonstrating support and trust
- The ability to ask powerful questions that foster engagement and open the door for innovation and creativity
- The ability to engage and motivate employees and influence others’ behavior and contributions
- Confidence to communicate messages effectively to each individual
- Understanding the importance of written communication and documentation
The TAG Team customizes each Build A Boss program to fit the needs of the organization or work team.